Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Michael Ian Black is Funny, I can prove it!

I just picked up a copy of his new book called My Custom Van, a collection of short stories that will make you laugh so hard your face will explode all over your face! if you have a really short attention span and like funny stories then I recommend this book to you! I checked out his website and was overjoyed to discover that he's a regular blogger. Now I can obsessively track of his whereabouts and his goings ons. Here's a sample from his blog:

My Daughter’s First Day of School
The school year started in my little town today, and we sent our daughter off to her first day of kindergarten. She did not want to go. When I asked her why she told me that she was scared.
“You should be scared,” said. “Did you know that one out of three children reports being bullied in school?”
She wasn’t sure what “bullying” meant, so I called her a faggot and pushed her down the stairs. “That’s bullying,” I said.
(For the record, I didn’t push her down all the stairs. Just the top stairs that lead to a landing. She probably fell down, at most, five stairs.)
I also tried to explain to her the pressure her mother and I are going to start applying so that she can get into a good college on academic scholarship. Although she doesn’t have a firm grasp of money yet, she definitely understands that Daddy’s career is in the shitter because that’s what we talk about every night at bedtime. “Daddy’s career is in the shitter,” I say, as I plant a kiss on her forehead. “Good night.”

Hilarious, am I right? Read the book, you can probably finish it at the bookstore standing up which is great because then you don't have to pay for it.

No comments: