Monday, March 10, 2008

Dish Graduation



For over 3 years now my man and I have been eating off plastic kids dishes at home. Even when we have a nice dinner everyone eats off these blue and orange plastic dishes that we got at the Dutch equivilent of a Target. It's getting old, time to upgrade to come real grown up dishes! Thing is, we have different ideas about what dishes to get. My dream would be to have every dish and fork and knife and cup to be different but somehow coordinate. Some would be from the thrift store and some would be Versace and others would be from Ikea. An elegant mix of patterns and colors. My man thinks they should all be simple and white so the food can speak for itself. I get that but what about something like this? Mix white dinner dishes with a patterened dish like this Marimekko one and simple glasses but maybe some black silverware. do they make black silverware? Anyway, i call that a good compromise.

No comments: